Thomas P. Ackerman
Director, Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean
Professor, Department of Atmospheric Sciences
Atmos Sci Office: 720 Atmospheric Science - Geophysics Building
JISAO Office: 144 Wallace Hall
- Evaluation of cloud properties in the Multi-scale Modeling Framework
- Analysis of CloudSat mm-wavelength radar data
- Statistical linkage of cloud distributions with synoptic data using a neural net classifier
- Understanding the maintenance and formation of thin tropical tropopause cirrus
Events and Presentations
Some recent public presentations:
- On July 20, 2008, I presented on talk on global warming and Christian responses (PDF version) at the First Presbyterian Church in Santa Rosa. Comments on this talk are welcome.
- In February 2009, I presented on talk on global warming and Christian responses in a Seminar series on Faith and Reason at the University of Michigan. This talk supercedes the Santa Rosa talk to a large degree.Comments on this talk are welcome.
- On December 5, I presented a talk at a Conference on Cement Production (PDF version) in Seattle.
- The talk for Sandia National Lab is here.
If you have questions about these presentations, please contact me.