Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean (JISAO)
University of Washington
John M. Wallace Hall (formerly Academic Computer Center)
3737 Brooklyn Ave NE
Box 355672 Seattle, WA 98105-5672
Directions & Parking
From I-5 (North or South)
- Take Exit 169, NE 45th Street, going east (turn left from I-5 southbound, right from I-5 northbound).
- Turn south (right) on Brooklyn Ave NE. Go approximately 8 blocks (0.6 mi.), crossing NE Pacific Street. Wallace Hall is a two-story building located on the southwest corner of Brooklyn Ave. NE and NE Pacific Street.
From SR 520 (East or West)
- Exit Montlake Blvd going north (turn left from 520 eastbound, right from 520 westbound).
- Get in left lane of Montlake Blvd.; turn west (left) onto NE Pacific Street.
- Turn south (left) on Brooklyn Ave NE. Wallace Hall is a two-story building located on the southwest corner of Brooklyn Ave. NE and NE Pacific Street.
Visitors are encouraged to take advantage of King County's excellent mass transit services. To find out which buses you can take from various locations around King County, please go to:
Enter your starting location in field 1 and the JISAO office address (3737 Brooklyn Ave NE) in field 2. Bus fares are very reasonable and currently range from $2.25 - $2.50 during morning/evening peak hours). Ask the driver for a transfer coupon when switching buses to avoid having to pay a second fare.
Please allow extra time for parking when visiting. Limited pay parking is available off of Boat Street (Shoppers Lot, west end of the nearby Fishery Sciences building, $7/day), as well as some metered street parking.