Sylvia B. Musielewicz
Research Scientist / Engineer
Ocean Climate Research Division, NOAA PMEL
M.S. Water Resources Science, University of Minnesota, 2001 B.S. Earth Sciences, University of California at Santa Cruz, 1994
Office: 1074 PMEL
- Koster, D., Pienitz, R., Wolfe, B.B., Barry, S., Foster, D.R., and Dixit, S.S. Paleolimnological assessment of human-induced impacts on the nutrient balance of Walden Pond (Massachusetts, USA) during the last three centuries using diatoms and stable isotopes. Aquatic Ecosystem Health and Management 8 (2): 117 - 131.
- Fuller, J., D. Foster, G. Motzkin, J. McLachlan and S. Barry. Broadscale forest response to land use and climate change. In Forests in Time: The Environmental Consequences of 1,000 Years of Change in New England, pp.101-124, David R. Foster and John D. Aber, (eds).
- McLachlan, D. Foster, S. Clayden, and S. Barry. Long-term and landscape dynamics. In Forests in Time: The Environmental Consequences of 1,000 Years of Change in New England, pp.125-141, David R. Foster and John D. Aber, (eds).
- Barry, Sylvia L., M.L. Filippi, Michael R. Talbot, and Thomas C. Johnson. Sedimentology and Geochronology of Late Pleistocene and Holocene Sediments from Northern Lake Malawi. In The East African Great Lakes: Limnology, Palaeolimnology and Biodiversity, 369-391. Eric O. Odada and Daniel O. Olago, (eds.)
- Johnson, Thomas C., Erik T. Brown, James McManus, Sylvia Barry, Philip Barker, FranÃ§oise Gasse. A High-Resolution Paleoclimate Record Spanning the Past 25,000 Years in Southern East Africa. Science: 296:5565; p. 113-131.
- Foster, David R., Brian Hall, Sylvia Barry, Susan Clayden, and Tim Parshall. Cultural, environmental and historical controls of vegetation patterns and the modern conservation setting on the island of Marthaâ€™s Vineyard, USA. Journal of Biogeography: 29, 1381-1400.
- Foster, David R., Susan Clayden, David A. Orwig, Brian Hall and Sylvia Barry. Oak, chestnut and fire: climatic and cultural controls of long-term forest dynamics in New England, USA. Journal of Biogeography: 29; 1359-1379.
- Johnson, T.C., Sylvia L. Barry, Yvonne Chan, and Paul Wilkinson. Decadal record of climate variability spanning the past 700 yr in the Southern Tropics of East Africa. Geology: 29:1; p. 83-86.
- Barry, Sylvia L. Stratigraphic Correlation and Geochronology of Varved Sediments from Lake Malawi, East Africa. 101 pages (Master's Thesis).
- Barry, Sylvia; M.L. Filippi, T.C. Johnson and M. Talbot. The Lake Malawi (East Africa) Sedimentological and Geochemical Record since the Late Pleistocene: Preliminary Results. In Report to the Global Environmental Fund, SADC/GEF Lake Malawi/Nyssa Biodiversity Conservation Project: Extended Abstracts, A.J. and A.C. Ribbink (ed).