Travel and Cruise Policies
Before all travel contact Collen Marquist to discuss your plans (firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-685-6548). UW travel rules are complex and there are actions that need to be completed before travel to ensure proper reimbursement. See Travel Guidelines for complete rules and details on travel arrangements.
Travel Rules And Procedures
- Complete a Travel Request form with expense estimates
- Obtain approval signature. To find out who has signature authority in a research group, click here and click on the appropriate Research Group
- Scan form then email, fax, or mail to Collen Marquist (email@example.com, Fax 206-330-6740)
- Review Travel Guidelines for information on making flights and hotel arrangements, obtaining per diem advances, health services at UW Hall Health, and other travel related information, especially the Foreign Travel link on the left
- Complete a Travel Expense Summary form
- Attach all required receipts and documentation
- Send to Collen Marquist at Box 355672
- Wait for approval email and then review online expense report
- Approve expense report (see Travel Guidelines)
- Check is prepared and directly deposited in your bank account
- Ariba's eTravel site can be reviewed here.
For general travel information, go to TRAVEL at the UW.
Research Cruise and Research Flight Policy
Coordinating and performing research activities on research vessels or research flights is often demanding resulting in exceptional time commitments by research staff working on the vessel or flight. In order to recognize the extensive additional hours worked by research staff on research flights and cruises, JISAO has developed a Research Cruise and Research Flight Policy.